RECYCLE UP! BUSINESS INCUBATION MANAGER – JOB
Recycle Up! Ghana (RUG) seeks to empower young Ghanaians to develop local solutions for environmental and societal problems while generating revenue at the same time. There are more than 1.2 million unemployed young people in Ghana and we seek to bridge this gap by providing entrepreneurship education, mentoring and support services to young industrious Ghanaians to start businesses that help solve societal challenges. We do this by organizing youth empowerment programs such as summer camps/schools and are now scaling up our approach by launching a 6-month long incubator program. We are currently in search of a full-
time employee who will serve as the Business Incubation Manager for our Incubator project. This project seeks to contribute to the creation of a robust circular economy in Ghana where all resources are effectively used to maximize impact.
Job Title: Business Incubation Manager
Employment location: Recycle Up! Hub, Fumesua – Kumasi, Ghana
Job Status: Full-time contract, salary with social security benefits
Start date: 2nd January 2020, the latest 1st of February 2020
- Develop and execute the strategy for outreach, scouting, attracting and onboarding deserving and qualified innovative entrepreneurs and start-ups.
- Designing & managing the Incubation programs
- Provide high-quality coaching and advisory support to entrepreneurs
- Manage the day-to-day interaction with the Incubatees
- Provide support to entrepreneurs across ideation, acceleration, investment, and scale-upstage
- Ensure tight management of milestones and progress of entrepreneurs and start-up companies
- Develop, execute and own an operational and engagement strategy for the entire community including donors, startups, investors, corporates, mentors, advisors, and domain experts
- Provide continued strategic guidance to entrepreneurs in areas such as business modelling, sales, and marketing, fundraising, overall strategy, operations, etc.
- Be the liaison for entrepreneurs to access relevant resources and connections
- Any additional job assigned by the management within reasonable limits
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a Business Administration or related field and 3-years related work experience
- Experience in starting, owning, operating and/or managing a small business.
- Candidate must possess adequate knowledge about the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with entrepreneurs, start-ups, learning/ tinkering labs, incubator or incubation consultancy
- Good understanding of the Ghanaian social entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Candidate must be tech-savvy and comfortable working with digital tools
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build and maintain strong working relationships with start-ups, entrepreneurs, mentors, universities, research institutions, industry experts, associations, chamber of commerce & industries, state & central government, and angel investors.
- Ability to communicate effectively and use interpersonal skills to interact with team members, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
At Recycle Up!, you can expect;
- Opportunities to nurture project management skills in a start-up scene.
- Opportunities to develop skills in the use of digital productivity tools like Google docs,
Asana, Slack, etc.
- Opportunities to work within a multinational and multicultural team.
- Mentoring from experienced social entrepreneurs to assist in developing your
- Access to our vast network of partner organizations & institutions both locally and
- Opportunities to attend local, regional and international conferences and workshops
- Scholarship opportunities for further studies through our development partners
Interested applicants should submit their CV/resume and motivational letter to [email protected]
The deadline for submission of the application is Tuesday, 15th December 2019 at 23:59 GMT
Please note that incomplete applications will not be processed.